This post is about how to love yourself and feel better on days when you feel like you just want to crawl into a dark corner and sleep. The reason I’m writing this post today is because that is exactly how I feel. If like me, you’re a little bit lost and you’re just trying to figure your stuff out- here are some tips that help me feel better even on days when I feel like I’ve just crawled out of a hole.
- Go outside. Even if its for literally ten minutes, just getting some fresh air will really help. I don’t know about you but when I spend a whole day inside I start to go slightly insane. I’m like a dog; I need a daily walk or I lose my mind..
- Get dressed. I know how tempting it is to stay in your pajamas all day and eat ice cream out of a tub whilst crying about the state of your life but don’t. Get up, get yourself showered and get dressed even if you have no plans. Just feeling like you’re ready to do something will automatically make you feel better.
- Talk. Have at least some contact with the outside world. If that means calling a friend up or simply messaging someone on Facebook. Talking to someone you care about will remind you that you aren’t being left alone to stir in your own restlessness and you actually do have a life.
- Eat and drink. I struggle with this one on days where I feel a bit poo. If I have no plans, I tend to forget to eat well and drink but it really does help. Try to eat frequently and get some water down you. Nothing wrong with giving yourself a treat either.
- Don’t Panic. This is a big one for me. When I have one of these days I get to the end of it and think ‘What have I done today?‘ if that answer is ‘Nothing’ I skip forward a year in my head to myself living in a bin, unemployed and miserable as if that will be the consequence of one lazy day. I know it won’t be but the guilt of being unproductive plagues me. In reality it’s that feeling of ‘What am I doing with my life?‘ that got me feeling down in the first place.
- Relax. It’s okay to have days where you don’t feel like doing anything especially if you are still trying to sort your life out. Sorting ones life out is a long, confusing and hard process. It won’t happen overnight so it’s okay to step back and take a breather.
- Do something fun. If you know you aren’t feeling productive try and let yourself do something that you know you enjoy. It can be anything from actual self love (You know what I’m talking about…) to spending some time with a pet to trying out your new roller blades. Anything that you enjoy and it’s okay to simply enjoy your own company. You are great fun after all.
- SLEEP. Don’t take a million naps.
(I may have already had one)Try and get an early night and set yourself renewed goals for the next day. Whether you’re going back to work or continuing a job hunt; set an alarm, go to sleep and wake up as the refreshed, amazing person that you are.
- Remember that you’re awesome. It’s okay to not have everything figured out. If you’re in your twenties like me, it is a very hard time. You’re watching people around you get things sorted but most people are just like you; stumbling through the days just doing stuff that will hopefully one day lead to your dream life. Never stress yourself out thinking you should be sorted right now and if something in your life doesn’t feel right; change it. You’re young and amazing. You can do anything.
What tips do you have for days where you just feel ‘Blerghhhhh’? I would love to hear some 🙂
Stay Strong xoxoxox